Sunday, June 6, 2010

My All-Time Favorite Books


My cousin gave me one of those little boxes you can buy at the bookstore called Book Lover's Kit, so I began thinking of my favorite books and decided to list some here.
Fiction:
I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
My Sister's Keeper
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Handmaid's Tale
Never Let Me Go
The Road
The Echo-Maker
A Book of Ruth

Non-fiction:
The March of Folly
How We Die

Classics:
The Aeneid
Anna Karenina

Memoir:
Epilogue

Children's fiction:
Bridge to Terabithia

Young Adult:
Go Ask Alice

Children's picture books
Hailstones and Halibut Bones
The Seals on the Bus

Favorite poems
Ithaca
The Journey
I Will Not Die an Unlived Life

2 comments:

Widow in the Middle said... [Reply to comment]

Too many books, too little time! Thank you for sharing your list. I'm going to take some of your recommendations since I'm looking for some summer reads and it is so much better when they are recommended by someone who loved them!

thelmaz said... [Reply to comment]

Here are some newer ones I've read and loved: The Help, American Wife(based on the life of Laura Bush), The Hunger Games, a young adult I finished this afternoon. My kids gave me a kindle for my birthday and it was the first book I read on it. I love the book and the kindle.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011