Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 4


Thought I'd post early this week and wish everyone a good Fourth of July. I'm making my favorite pie, a red, white and blue one that takes only a few minutes. Here's the recipe:
graham cracker crust
1 pkg. Jello Berry Blue flavor
1 pkg. Jello Strawberry flavor
1 1/2/ cups boiling water, divided
1 cup ice cubes, divided
1 cup Cool Whip
Dissolve blue Jello in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup ice cubes; stir until ice is melted. Pour into pie crust; refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes or until Jello is set but not firm. Prepare strawberry Jello with remaining water and ice cubes. Let stand on counter 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Top blue Jello with Cool Whip. Sppon red Jello over Cool Whip. Refrigerate 2 hours. 6 servings.
WARNING: The first time I made this the blue turned green from the yellow graham crackers so my pie was red, white and green.

I like the Fourth of July because, although Ralph and I had many great Fourths, I don't feel as lonely as I do on other holidays. I love to watch fireworks. I find them as thrilling as I did when I was a kid. I love the kind of food you eat on the Fourth--outdoorsy kind of stuff, although it's way too hot to sit around outdoors most of the day here. I love the music, and I enjoy the whole week because it's my favorite sports week. No, not the World Cup, but Wimbledon. I never miss Grand Slam tennis on TV, and Wimbledon is my favorite of the four. Going to London for Wimbledon is on my bucket list.

Everyone, I hope you have a good Fourth. I hope you lose yourself in the fun and excitement of America's Birthday and, just for a day at least, be a kid again and enjoy

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011