Thursday, December 13, 2012

The End is Near (According to the Maya)



According to interpretations--or misinterpretations--of the Mayan calendar the world will end on December 21...and darn it all, I was supposed to go on a museum tour that day.

Being a list maker, I decided I'd better make a list of things to do and not to do before The End. 


To Do List
Spend time with my family and make sure to tell them I love them.
Write notes to friends to let them know how much I've appreciated their friendship.
Cuddle with my cats.
Re-read favorite poems.
Look one more time at photos from childhood to now.
Eat as much ice cream as I want.
Finish my ethical will.
 
 
To Do If I Had More Time

Take a springtime bluebonnet trip.
Go to another annual lunch with colleagues who received the Tina E. Bangs Service Award from the Houston Association for Communication Disorders.
Go on vacation with my sister.

Not To Do List
Clean the attic
Pay bills.
Begin working on my 2012 taxes
Exercise.
Eat oatmeal, broccoli and other healthy foods I don't like, including anything with mustard or ketchup.
Pull weeds.
Repair anything.
 
 
What's on your lists?
 
 

    

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011