Sunday, February 16, 2020

Scandals of the Week (Politics Not Included)

Altuve, Springer, Bregman.  In 2017 the Astros were our heroes, a bunch of great guys who loved baseball and each other.  They gave us a World Series championship. They gave us much needed respite after horrible Hurricane Harvey decimated our city.  Now we have learned that our heroes have feet of clay, that 2017 was the year of sign-stealing, that their Series crown is forever tarnished.  Except for Carlos Correa's, their apologies were at best wooden, at worst insincere.  What a disappointment.  Last year I watched the Astros every time I was home, I cheered when Altuve's walk-off home run landed them in another World Series, I was sorry they didn't win the championship again, but I still thought they were special.  

Will I watch the Astros in 2020?  I don't know.  Maybe if they win on their own merits without cheating.  We'll see.

To recline or not to recline, that is the question.
If you missed the brouhaha about the American Airlines passenger who reclined her seat,squashing the man behind her in the back row and his retaliation, punching her seatback nine times, you didn't read this week's news.  The internet is divided on who is in the right.

I'm not sure.  Personally, I never recline my seat.  I can fall asleep anywhere, even on a plane. sitting straight up.  If I gave it a try, I might be able to fall asleep standing.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks so much for a great post. I'd like to know more about these topics and hope that I can receive more insight into this topic.
Pelvic Pain Frankfort

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

If you're attempting to burn fat then you need to start following this brand new custom keto meal plan diet.

To create this keto diet service, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and chefs joined together to produce keto meal plans that are useful, suitable, price-efficient, and satisfying.

Since their launch in January 2019, 100's of individuals have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a good keto meal plan diet can provide.

Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-proven ones given by the keto meal plan diet.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011