Sunday, July 12, 2020

Books of June


You'd think I'd be reading more during this lockdown but I'm spending more time writing and watching movies, so here are the books I read last month.

When We Believed in Mermaids.  A woman sees her supposedly long-dead sister on TV and sets out to find her.  Will she be successful?  Will she find love at last?  Of course everything will turn out exactly right.  I'd give it a B+ but an okay read,

The Hideaway.  Nora Roberts used to be my favorite romance writer.  Now not so much.  Especially not so much for this book.  Supposedly a romantic suspense, it's neither romantic except for 2 or 3 pages, same for suspense.  It could have been better if it were half as long.  Much of it was padding to get to 400+ pages.  This will be my last Nora Roberts book.  (Can you tell I didn't like it?)

If you want to listen to a perfect parody of For the Longest Time, originally a Billy Joel song, check out YouTube for Longest Time quarantine edition.  It's exactly right for our current situation.  I tried and tried to copy the URL but couldn't.  Anyway, look it up.  You'll love it.  If you listen to it, leave a comment.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011