Sunday, August 16, 2020

Are Face Masks the New Fashion Statement?

 Every women's clothing catalog I find in my mailbox is advertising face masks--solid colors, animal prints, abstract designs, Disney character masks for the kid in your life, the ocean (see above), the sky, plants, flowers, anything you can think of.  Friends of mine are making masks.  You can make your own.

My first mask had a flowery design on  a lovely purple background. A church in S. Carolina made masks and sent them to our senior living building.  I wore it every time I left my apartment for weeks, until I realized the pandemic might go on and on, so I decided I needed a change.  I bought a bamboo mask that was advertised as pink but looks more coral.  It's very soft and comfortable.  My sister-in-law, who owns a cloth diaper company sent me two masks made by her company one with Saturn in the night sky and one with kittens.  Then I branched out and bought some more.  One came from a company that advertised masks with famous art designs.  Mine is Starry Night.  I also added a black and white mask to my wardrobe, .

 Why not have a mask for every outfit?  They're much less expensive than clothes; you don't have to bother with make up, not even lipstick.  People compliment you if your mask is especially attractive.  Of course, it's hard to recognize people when 2/3 of their faces are covered and masks aren't especially comfortable, but I figured, why not enjoy them since you can help stop the spread of COVID and be fashionable at the same time?

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011