Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020


This year, with the pandemic surging around us, unemployment, hunger, a chaotic election, social unrest, hurricanes, forest fires...what can we be thankful for?

I'm thankful for my family's love and support.

I'm thankful for our health and safety.

I'm thankful for friends, even though some live far away.

I'm thankful for living at Brazos Towers, a caring and friendly community.

I'm thankful for my Zoom sisters, who meet regularly to support one another, chat and share news and views.


Those are the big things, but there are lots of little things I'm thankful for, too:

My cat's comforting purr when she cuddles up next to me.

The inspiration I've gained from writing classes.

The morning paper.

Ice cream.

Seeing the night sky from my living room window.

And, of course, the Internet and Zoom,


To everyone, Happy Thanksgiving!  Stay safe.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011