Sunday, December 27, 2020

Looking Back; Looking forward


I have lived through World War II, the Cold War, Watergate, 9/11 and more, but 2020 has been a year like no other--stressful, terrifying, outrageous, chaotic--There aren't enough words to describe it. Thank goodness it's nearly gone and we can hope for better in 2021.

Favorite books:  Where the Crawdads Sing, Hidden Valley Road, Fur and Purr, Nearing Ninety and Other Comedies of Late Life.

Favorite movie:  It's been so long since I've been to a movie theater that I can hardly remember what it's like.  Movies and series this year on Amazon Prime:  Movie--Just Mercy.  Series--The Americans, Hunters.

Favorite TV show:  Love it or List it on HGTV

Best thing that happened this year:  Discovering Zoom--where would we be without it?

Sports:  Bad news for every professional sports team in Houston--the Astros' scandal, the Texans' awful start and the trading of D'Andre Hopkins, unrest among the Rockets.  Only sports story I enjoyed was Naomi Osaka winning the US. Open Tennis Tournament.

Best present:  My son and daughter-in-law gave me a subscription to Netflix.  Now I can watch The Crown.

To everyone--hope for a better year ahead!

        


,


0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011