Sunday, March 21, 2021

March Madness


 It's March Madness time and I have been watching basketball all weekend, not the lousy Houston Rockets but the NCAA tournament.

I love sports--watching them, not playing them.  I am tooo clumsy to engage in any sport but I love being a spectator.  This year Texas had 8 teams in the tournament.  The University of Texas, my alma mater seeded #3, lost in the first round to little known Abilene Christian.  The University of Houston, my second alma mater, played poorly but managed to get it together in the second half and made it to the Sweet Sixteen.  I was on campus in the heady Phi Slamma Jama days and this team is almost as good.  Baylor, a number 1 seed also advanced.  Tomorrow I'll have to decide between watching basketball or The Voice.  Hard choice.  If none of the Texas teams gets to the finals, I'll be cheering for little Gonzaga which always has a great team but has never made it all the way.

Go Coogs!

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011