Sunday, January 30, 2022

WORDLE


 I have succumbed to Wordle, the new online craze.  You begin with a blank gtid and type in a five-letter word.  My strategy is to begin with a word that has the letters R, S, and E.  E is the most used vowel so you have a good chance, S the most used consonant.  You press enter and the letters are shown in different colors:  green means a letter you've typed is in the correct place in the answer; yellow means it's in the word but not in the place you've put it; gray means it's not in the word.  In the grid above, the letters A and O are somewhere in the answer, just not where you put them.  I usually pick a word for the second grid with an A (second most common vowel) and an L since it shows up in a lot of consonant blends.  You have six chances to spell the correct word.  So far, I've gotten all of them, probably because as a speech pathologist I had a lot of practice thinking up words with different sounds.

Note:  This game is addicting but you can't overdo it because there is only one puzzle a day.  You can google Wordle and get to the website and see entries on strategy It's a fun way to start the day.

1 comments:

Winter Ross said... [Reply to comment]

I thought about trying it because I like word games, but decided I have plenty to do without it. I play 'Words With Friends' with Bryan.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011