Sunday, April 9, 2023

Cathing Up

 Where have I been these last few months?  Sick most of January (not COVID, an infection), working on a writing project in February and on taxes in March,  But now it's April and I am ready to catch up.

First, Happy 60th birthday to my son Michael.  He checked and it's the only time in his whole life that his birthday has been on Easter.  But it's always on Passover.  We're having a family luncheon to celebrate next Saturday.

Between bouts of illness and writing and taxes, I watched the Oscars--disappointing. Everything, or Anywhere or Whatever made no sense to me.  I watched March Madness--disappointing.  The Houston Cougars bombed out and so did the Texas Longhorns.

I have been streaming Yellowjackets (spoiler alert--they feasted on their friend) and Succession (another spoiler alert--Logan Roy is dead)  I've read a great non-fiction book, Underlands.  It's beautifully written but you have to be interested in what lies under the earth and the oceans and cities and bridges.  I loved it!  I read just one novel--Kane and Abel, about two men whose paths cross throughout their lifetimes.  

My memoir class is doing a reading at the JCC on April 23 at 3:00.  My essay is House of Memories.


0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011