Sunday, January 17, 2021

Today's Guest Blogger: Cassie Zirkelbach


Since 2021 has started out as chaotic as 2020, my pet human asked me to post for her as a distraction from these weird times.  

I'm a 4 1/2 year old tuxedo cat with an Iq high enough to qualify me for Cat Mensa, not I'm bragging. I have trained my pet to understand cat language.  After all her years as a speech pathologist, she is attuned to language and quickly learned to follow my commands.  For example, if I block her way out of the bathroom, then lie down and roll over, she will give me a treat.  I like Feline Greenies so she buys a nice supply from Amazon. Realizing how important treats are, she has maintained her Prime membership.

I have also taught her some tricks. For example, I have taught her to say, "Nosey," if she wants to rub my nose--I love that.  I have taught her to ask, "Want me to rub your tummy?" Then I roll on my back and let her feel how soft my belly is when she rubs it and when the rub is over, she says, "High five," and I touch her hand with my paw.  She's really good at that trick.  For a human, she's pretty smart.

She has also learned what I don't like, especially visitors and the vacuum.  I let her share the blanket on our bed and I often invite her to watch TV with me in the living room.

One year when her grandhuman was a freshman in college and could not take her cat to live in the dorm, she invited that annoying feline to board with us for a year.  It was the worst year of my life, but thank God, it ended.  Although that cat was also a tuxedo, she was not half as attractive as me.

By the way, my human was too lazy to take my picture for this column so that is a generic tuxedo cat which lacks some of my distinctive markings, but you get the idea.

Here are some interesting books you might enjoy:  Poetry for Cats,  Fur and Purr, Jobs for your Cat.  

Best wishes for a purrfect 2021, 

Cassie

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011