Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Fishy Thanksgiving

 
This Thanksgiving my family went turkeyless (or should I say "cold turkey?").  Nobody really likes turkey; yet we've always felt compelled to uphold the Thanksgiving tradition.  This year my daughter asked, "Why?" and on the spot, we decided to have a non-traditional holiday.  We decided to go to Central Market and buy whatever.  We chose salmon, almond-crusted tilapia and some kind of chicken breast my daughter liked.  For sides we bought a cranberry and kale salad, a fruit salad and green beans with  carrots and chestnuts.  And my son contributed a pecan pie.  And know what?  The meal was delicious and we were just as thankful as ever.  I imagine we'll continue our new tradition in years to come.

Anyone have a quirky Thanksgiving food you'd like to share?  Feel free to comment.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011