Sunday, October 21, 2018

Best American Read: My Guess for Favorite American Novel

I have been following the Best American Read all summer.  The finale is Tuesday night at 7:00 on PBS.  Here are my comments on some of the novels, my guess for the top choices and my prediction for #1.

The OMG, NO! book
Fifty Shades of Gray--my choice for the #1 worst book

Some that I Guess Won't be in the Top 10
Crime and Punishment--too Russian
War and Peace--too long
Moby Dick--too dense
Pilgrim's Progress--too old
Twilight--who wants to fall in love with a vampire?

Some that Should Make the Top 10 but Probably Won't
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Hunger Games
1984
The Martian

My Guesses for the Top 10
Catcher in the Rye
Game of Thrones
Gone with the Wind
The Great Gatsby
The Handmaid's Tale
Little Women
Lord of the Rings
Pride and Prejudice
To Kill a Mockingbird (my favorite)
Don Quixote

My Guess for #1
Harry Potter

I'd love to hear your comments.

1 comments:

Susan Kane said... [Reply to comment]

Lots of great books. Most of them I have read, but the denser books are just names.

Reading the graphic novels helped me understand the thought processes of the writer, which then made it easier to read the full-on books.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011