Sunday, August 25, 2019

Checking this off my Bucket List



My dad taught me to drive when I was twelve and had to sit on a pillow to see over the steering wheel.  Austin, Texas was a small city then unlike its traffic-clogged streets of today.  We lived on a quiet one-block street where almost no cars drove and there were zero pedestrians...except for the lady in the bathing suit, but that's another story.  I got my driver's license at 14 and my first car for my 18th birthday.  It was a blue Ford Victoria with a cream colored hard top and a spare tire holder on the back.  I named it Victor Victoria, and it got me through college.

After that I had a white Chevy Impala.  Alas, the Chevy and the cars that followed were nameless.

 For six years I drove a silver Nissan Altima which served me well despite being partially flooded twice during Houston's soggy year of 2015.


Yesterday I got my new car, a Lexus ES 350 sedan.  I've been coveting a Lexus for years and I finally broke down and bought it.  It has a dashboard with a dazzling array of icons and a mouse to click on them, a driver's seat that adjusts to my own specifications when I turn on the motor...and I'll have to read the manual to find out what else.  Since this will possibly be my last car, I think it, too should have a name:  Maybe Alexis Lexus, Lexi for short.  I'll think about it.




0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011