Sunday, June 28, 2020

Best of the Best

Brazos Towers at Bayou Manor


Today the Houston Chronicle listed Best of the Best in all kinds of categories from restaurants to hospitals, from plumbers to lawyers and, of course, to retirement communities.  Brazos Towers was #1 among retirement communities.

In 2012 I received an invitation to have lunch at Brazos Towers.  An omen, I thought. Time to think about leaving my house with all the responsibilities that go with home owning and move on.  After the lunch at Brazos Towers I visited other senior residences and had a lot of free lunches.  Brazos Towers was perfect for me, I decided--in my neighborhood with a new building which wasn't opening until 2015 so I would have plenty of time to get used to the idea.  And after the Memorial Day flood of 2015 I knew I'd made the right decision.

I am so lucky to have moved here.  Friendly people, dedicated staff, lots of activities.  During this lockdown time, it's nice to 
have people around even though it's sometimes hard to recognize fellow residents now that we're all masked.  And the staff here is doing their best to keep us happy with afternoon snacks brought to our apartments, exercise classes, concerts and lectures, movies and sing-alongs.  Sadly we don't have Bingo but we hear it's coming back soon.  

So, do you have any choices for the best restaurant, cleaner, electrician, seasonal event, happy hour, exterminator, carpet cleaner, supermarket or anything else?  If so, leave a comment. 

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011