Sunday, August 1, 2021

A Surprise Package

I love surprises--surprise parties, surprise gifts, even surprise phone calls.  Last week I got a surprise package from Amazon.  I'd ordered some board books for my friend to enjoy with her new great grandbaby.  They were supposed to be delivered on Thursday, which was great because she was coming for lunch on Friday.  I found the package at my door at 10:30 Thursday night.  It seemed too light to contain board books.  Maybe Amazon had sent paperbacks instead but at least they were on time.  Pleased, I opened the bag to find...two packages of Preparation H!  There was no name or address on the bag,  The concierge desk said they didn't know who had delivered it.   Was this a joke?  Should I tack the package up on the bulletin board or post a message saying the person who ordered Preparation H should contact me?  The next morning I called our resident services director and told her I had a problem.  When I opened my door to head downstairs, there were my books.  Still, I took the Preparation H package downstairs.  Just as I arrived at the desk,  a woman who works in Health Care came up.  Yes, she was sure they could use it, so we gave the package to her.  And--happy ending--my friend can share the books with the new baby.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011