Sunday, August 8, 2021

Books of June and July


 The Cellist.  Daniel Silva's latest book featuring Gabriel Allon, Israeli spy/art restorer.  He spends a lot of time updating the reader just in cast it's your first book in the 21 book series.  A typical Allon book.  I keep saying I've read enough but I usually grab the newest one.  I give this one a B

Forgotten Peoples of the Ancient World. Nonfiction book with stories about ancient peoples.  You'd have to be interested in ancient history to order this one, but I am and I enjoyed it.

The Other Black Girl.  This one gets an F.  It got great reviews but made no sense.  My recommendation:  Don't waste your time.

Hour of the Witch.  An abused young woman in an early Massachusetts community (not Salem) wants a divorce.  Meanwhile, having been given some three-tined forks, a mark of the Devil, she's accused of being a wtich.

Fossil Men.  In-depth book about the archaeologists searching for early homo sapiens.  You can tell I have unusual tastes in non-fiction, but I really liked it.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011