Sunday, October 30, 2022

Kindness Project (continued)

Two more examples of kindness I have experienced:

Gayle, who managed our office at Associated Speech and Language Services was one of the kindest people I've known..  She always made clients and their kids feel welcome and became friends with many of the parents.  She was willing to listen, both to clients and to me.  Whenever a deadline of some sort came up, she'd always say gently, "I'm reminding you that..."  She drove me home once when I had an attack of diverticulitis and even made a trip back to the office late one evening from her home near Galveston to return my car keys she'd accidentally picked up.  I always enjoyed our birthday dinners at the Saltgrass Steakhouse and miss her now that she's moved back home to Seattle.

A few weeks ago I was at the checkout counter at Kroger's paying for a 14 pound box of cat litter when the woman behind me said that she and her daughters would be happy to help me load my groceries into my car.  Not only that, but they offered to follow me home and carry the groceries inside.  What a good deed!
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Wow Thelma, thank you so much.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011