Monday, March 29, 2010

Quote for the Week


And If I Did Not Make Mistakes
Katie Paton

And if I did not make mistakes
And give too brief a thought to heavy questions
And too much time to little matter,
Or if I always knew which road to travel
Where every step would lead me into daylight
And if each face that turned to watch me pass
Was broken by a smile,
Or if whenever I should choose to lay my heart
Bare upon the sun-warmed grass
Ir always was returned with tender touches
And carried by a song,
And if my heaviest burden were only to be
A breeze upon my back and blossom in my hair,
And if my brow was never crossed with lines of pain,
If all this endless summer were my lot
And winter's fury never beat me back,
Then I never would have seen the stormy nights
Through which I've struggled, fought and won,
I never would have known the joy of needed comfort given
Or the essence of a friend.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011