Thursday, November 18, 2010

Website Review: Renaissance Artist

I first met Susan, a true Renaissance artist, through her beautiful blog, The Art of Grief. Like me, Susan is a widow and like me, she mourns her lost love. She turns her grief into art. She's a talented artist in many mediums. If you visit her website, www.renaissanceartist.webs.com you can see her memory quilts, sock art and other textile creations. Each memory quilt is a memorial to someone who has passed away. Each is a personalized work of art.



Being a doting grandmother, I was drawn to Susan's embroidered jeans. I bought a pair of jeans and sent them to her, and here's my granddaughter Gabriella, my favorite person in the world, in her new jeans. And below is a close-up of the embroidery on the leg.




I've also discovered Susan's lovely photographs on Flick'r at abandonedsoulsphotography. I ordered three tree pictures that spoke to my heart--one in spring, one in fall, and one during a winter sunrise.

Please visit Susan's sites, including her blog, . I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I was.

4 comments:

Tricia said... [Reply to comment]

What a wonderful gift for your grandaughter.
My husbands sister is a quilter and she made quilts for both my husband and son to be wrapped in when they died, she also made duplicates for me to wrap myself in when I am missing them.
I will check out the flickr site.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you enjoy Susan's sites. She's incredible.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for stopping by. Susan's work is incredible. I'm glad I discovered her sites.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

What a fantastic idea, they look great. Very talented.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011