Sunday, November 7, 2010

Widowhood: What's Next? Input Requested



Two years ago, as a fairly new widow, I taught a couple of courses called "Going It Alone: Resources for Widows and Widowers." Not a grief group, it addressed all sorts of resources for widowed people to access as they began their journey through life without their spouse. I talked about books, financial resources, maintaining health, managing those nagging jobs around the house that you didn't have to do because s/he did them, cooking for one, activities that might be interesting, ethical wills, and making a bucket list.

Now I'll be teaching the course again. Now I'm a more experienced widow, so I have more to add. But is it right? Is it enough? I'd very much like input from readers. What would you expect in such a course? Any resources you think are useful for widowed people?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Still want to write a six-word memoir? Contest runs for two more days.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011