Thursday, December 9, 2010

Trivia



Instead of a review today, I'm posting trivia: some facts, some questions I'll answer the questions in the Comments section. Feel free to add some trivia of your own.

Cats sleep longer than any other mammal, an average of 16 hours a day.

The divorce rate among New York marathon runners is twice the national average.

Men speak about 2,000 words a day; women, 7,000.

An average beaver can cut down 200 trees a year.

The first commercial Christmas cards were printed in 1846.

Joel Poinsett, ambassador to Mexico, introduced the first poinsettias to the U.S. in 1828.



When Yale and Harvard played football in 1955, who scored the only touchdown?

What are the only 2 words in English that end in gry?

What do you call a group of apes?

What do you call a group of chickens?

What bird migrates the longest distance of any animal?

In what country was the real St. Nicholas born?

4 comments:

thelmaz said... [Reply to comment]

Answers to trivia questions
Ted Kennedy

Hungy and angry

A shrewdness of apes

A peep of chickens

The arctic tern

Turkey

Grandpa said... [Reply to comment]

I'm surprised men talk so much. I'll surprise people if I utter two hundred a day...

Q: If you grow fruit trees that rely on cross pollination to bear fruit, what would be the best pollinating agent?

A: answer in my blog :)

Thanks Thelmaz for the trivia

Louise Gallagher said... [Reply to comment]

Love the trivia -- and the quizz -- I didn't know that about apes!

and thanks for dropping back into my place -- I'm enjoying visiting here.

Louise Gallagher said... [Reply to comment]

And I forgot to say... nice to meet a 'naughty' sister too! :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011