Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Website Review: The Great Courses:


I love The Teaching Company.  I discovered it by accident some years ago when I received their brochure in the mail.  Since then I've been a committed (maybe addicted) fan of The Great Courses. 

Want to listen to a professor from major university lecture on a subject you've always wanted to learn about?  Just think.  No tests, no homework, no papers to write, just absorbtion of knowledge from the very best teachers in the country.  (No, I'm not a stockholder...if they even have stock...just a fan.) 

Visit their website at http://www.thegreatcourses.com/ and see what they have to offer.  Their courses range from the practical on nutrition to the philosophical.  Ever wonder why evil exists?  There are courses on history--ancient, medieval, modern--on literature, musci, art, science.    And if you decide to buy, here's a tip:  never, never pay full price.  Most of their courses are on sale once or twice a year, sometimes as much as 70% off. 

Check them out.  Enjoy.  Learn.

2 comments:

Maryannwrites said... [Reply to comment]

That is so cool, Thelma. As a life-long student, I am anxious to visit this site and take one of the courses.

Come over to my blog today when you get a chance. I have an award for you.

wsbhark said... [Reply to comment]

I will definitely check them out! Thanks, Thelma!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011