Monday, March 16, 2015

Ten Things that Make Me Happy #9

Friends
 
I'm fortunate to have so many friends--high school friends (elementary school, too) college friends, speech pathologist friends and others I've made through the years.  I'm not much of a party person, but I love getting together with small groups, going out to dinner and talking. 
 
 
If I had to pick a best friend, I'd choose my sister.  We're seven years apart so we weren't close when we were children.  We were always in different stages of our lives, but since we've been grown, we love to get together even if it's just on the phone.  We like to travel together and have an ongoing Scrabble tournament on our trips. (I always used to win, but either I'm losing it or she's getting better because now we're about even.)  $2.00 a game--we're not big gamblers.  Next fall we're going on a cruise on one of those big ships that have 27 restaurants and hundreds of passengers. I can't wait.  Meanwhile, I'm brushing up on my Scrabble skills.
 
 
I have a milestone birthday coming up in May and I'm asking all my friends to send me memories of me and them.  People always get together after funerals and share memories of the person who's gone, but I figure why wait?  I want to enjoy the memories while I can.
 
 
 
Treasure your friends because they are the greatest treasures you can have.




1 comments:

Susan Kane said... [Reply to comment]

I have a friend; we grew up on adjoining farms, went to school through HS; saw each other sporadically during college. Then 40 years passed. Through email, we reconnected, met up in Utah where I was attending a wedding and where he lived.
Don't let 40 years pass.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011