Sunday, February 17, 2019

Books of January

The Reckoning.  I don't read all of John Grisham's books, but this one sounded intriguing.  A decorated war veteran murders the beloved pastor of his church.  I was disappointed.  The hero refuses to give any clue to the police or even to the reader.  No foreshadowing.  The second half of the book covered his service in World War II (I think that's the right war.  See how much I liked the book--I've already forgotten.)  Finally, a few pages before the end we get the big reveal.  If you absolutely love John Grisham, maybe this book is for you, but maybe not.

Six Wakes.  I read this for my book club and even the person who suggested it didn't like it.  It's about a bunch of clones in outer space somewhere who have all died and awakened in their new bodies and are trying to find out who killed them.  I only fiinished it so I could trash it at the book club meeting.

Disappointing reading month!

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011