Tuesday, April 14, 2020

L is for Loneliness and L is for Langyage

Today I have quotes for 2 words:  loneliness and language
I know many people hunkered down at home are lonely, and since I've spent my entire professional life working with language disorders, I had to add that one, too.

L is for Loneliness
Loneliness comes about  when I am alone
without being able to keep myself company.
Hannah Arendt

Loneliness is the way 
by which destiny endeavors to lead man to himself.
Hermann Hesse

Loneliness is the poverty of self;
solitude is richness of self.
May Sarton

L is for Language

(See above: Language in the age of social distancing)

Language is the roadmap of a culture.
It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.
Rita Mae Brown

Language is the amber in which
a thousand precious and subtle thoughts
have been safely embedded and preserved.
Richard Chenevix Trench

My favorite language quote below:

The limits of my language
are the limits of my world.
Ludwig Wittgenstein



0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011