Thursday, April 23, 2020

R is for Reading


R is for Reading.  Books have always been my pleasure, my education, my escape...and now more than ever.  I remember the poster on the wall of my elementary school library:
Books are keys to lands of pleasure.
Books are gates to wisdom's treasure.
Books are paths that upward lead.
Books are friends.  Come, let us read.


Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
Joseph Addison

Reading is not an operation performed on something inert
but a relationship entered into with another vital being.
Clifton Fadiman

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself
a refuge from almost all the miseries of life.
W. Somerset Maugham

I don't think we should read for instruction
but to give our souls a chance to luxuriate.
Henry Miller

Happy reading, 
Thelma






1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Loved this!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011