Sunday, November 24, 2013

After Loss: What I'm Still Thankful For


Thanksgiving is often hard for me because it was Ralph's and my favorite holiday.  He always cooked the turkey (I still have never cooked one--guess I never will learn how) and I made everything else.  Our family was together.  We always had to say, "Ralph, this is the best turkey you've ever made."  We laughed about the year I used some spoiled orange rind in the sweet potatoes and everyone was polite about it until my son-in-law spoke up.  Since Ralph has been gone, my daughter-in-law's family always include me in their Thanksgiving plans, and I'm grateful.  I'll forever miss Ralph, but I still have many things to be thankful for.  Here's a partial list:

My children and grandchildren
My friends
My cats
My profession--I love being a speech pathologist
The beauty of nature
Books to read, enjoy and discuss
The pleasure of learning new things
My Women in Transition group and its subgroup, Death, Dying and Dessert
The joy of travel
My memories

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011