Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Joy of Walking

Many of my readers know I've dealt with severe pain in my hip and leg this summer.  I'm much better but until this week I couldn't walk far, like from the car into the grocery store, without getting a backache.  Last week I had a pain shot, which is supposed to kick in...or not...after about 5 days.  Today I tested it out by walking through Galleria 4.  Doesn't sound like much, but for me it was like a miracle.  No pain.  I hope this will last. 

 A gentleman with a cane passed me because I'm still pretty slow.  I wanted to catch up with him and ask him whether he walked the mall often and how far and whether his cane helped, but he zoomed by before I could stop him.  I have given in and purchased a cane from Fashionable Canes (Yes, there is such a place).  I will use it in the airport next week when I fly to Atlanta to visit my sister's family.

Today was a test, but it was so pleasant, I will go back next week and try walking Galleria 1, which is longer.  I liked window shopping.  I haven't been able to walk through a shopping center in several months.  Fortunately for my pocketbook I went early before the stores opened.  It wasn't crowded and noisy, which was good for my spirits. Funny how such small things can make you happy.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011