Sunday, December 29, 2019

Looking Back; Looking Forward

Janus is the Roman god of doorways.  The month of January is named for him.  He looks backward and forward so he seems a good symbol for New Year's.

Looking back over my year:
Favorite movie:  I didn't see many movies this year but I did enjoy "The Good Liar" with Helen Mirren.

Favorite books:
Non-fiction:  Becoming by Michelle Obama
                      The Vanishing Hitchhiker (This is a book that explains various urban legends)
                      With the End in Mind
Fiction: The Nickel Boys
              An American Marriage

Favorite sports event:  The Astros Go to the World Series!
Least favorite:  The Astros Lose the World Series!

Favorite purchase of the year:  2019 Lexus

Favorite play:  To Kill a Mockingbird

Best trip:  Had to cancel (again) my planned Canada trip so my only trip this year was to Atlanta and then on to New York.  So, even though I got food poisoning one evening in New York, I enjoyed the short vacation...and I'm ahead of my sister in our on-going travel Scrabble tournament.

Family events:  Gabriella is 21!

World events:  50th anniversary of the moon landing

Favorite trick my cat has learned:  If I ask her if she wants me to rub her tummy, she will roll over on her back and purr.

Favorite new volunteer job:  Facilitating a writing group at Angela's House, a residence for women transitioning from prison
Looking Forward
I can't believe we're starting a new decade! I wish everyone a decade of peace, love and health in the 2020's.  And may at least one of your wishes come true.


 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011